With the prospect of a no-deal Brexit still looming, the Government has been forced to help businesses make last-ditch preparations.
HMRC recently ran two webinars to help businesses and advisors take steps to continue trading with EU businesses.
Here are the videos designed to help and support traders :
- preparing for a no deal EU Exit: 5 key areas businesses must be aware of
- importing goods
- exporting goods
- changes at the UK border.
The webinars covered:
- why it’s important to apply for an Economic Operator Registration and Identification number (EORI)
- what Transitional Simplified Procedures are
- how to prepare to make customs declarations
- what Entry Summary Declarations are
- how to pay the correct customs duty and VAT.
There will be an opportunity to ask questions during the webinar.
David Nunn is Content Manager at AAT.