Here we’ve handpicked 5 webinars for accountants in industry from the AAT Future Finance Online conference which ran from 8-11 June. All webinars are free to watch on-demand and are exclusively for AAT members.
1. Confidence and decision making
Duncan Brodie, Managing Director at Goals and Achievements and Andi Lonnen, International trainer at the Finance Training Academy talked through the steps that AAT members could take to become better decision-makers.
2. What’s the future for accountants in the tech revolution
Essential for every accountant who plans to be working in the profession in ten years’ time, this session provides crucial steps in identifying how to future-proof your career.
During this session we’ll also discuss:
- ‘big data’ and why it has surpassed oil as humanity’s most valuable asset
- how Artificial, machine learning and big data analytics are being used within the accountancy profession.
3. Expert panel debate – the anatomy of a modern finance professional
In this session, our expert panel will discuss the new challenges facing the modern finance professional, what tools they’ll need to stay competitive and what opportunities exist to take them from number- cruncher to empowered decision- making influencer.
4. The Construction Industry Scheme – a tax refresher
During this session, speaker Tim Palmer will provide detailed insights on how the Construction Industry Tax Scheme works in practice and, using practical case studies, deliver a full review of the tax responsibilities and roles of both the contractor and subcontractor.
5. Digital tools showcase with Dext
In this showcase, find out how Dext makes practices like yours more productive and through live demos, learn simple ways to combat your pain points and free up your team to spend more time adding value.
Hannah Dolan is AAT Comment’s Content Editor.